Monday, August 11, 2008

Me and Sparrow

I get along just fine with cats. I love the way they run from me, shake in their little feline boots at the sight of me, and generally respond the way cats are supposed to.




Except Sparrow that is. This cat is way out of line. She is NOT afraid of me, and (to tell you the truth) she makes me nervous! She just doesn't fit the mold, and she goes out of her way to show me her in-your-face bravery and mockery of small puppies.

Just look at her. See the evil lurking behind those eyes?



For example, she will stand in the middle of the sidewalk and not let me pass. She arches her back and hisses and shows me her tonsils, her mouth opens so BIG. Cats have big teeth, I am learning.



Or, she will stand her ground in the living room, and make me go the other way around the couch, just to get to my day bed. And she flattens her ears and then kind of laughs at me in a smug irritating growl.

She can be up on a chair, but she glares at me and I am afraid to even get too close. My routine with the other cat, (the normal I-am-afraid-of-dogs-even-short-puppies one) is to dance all around the chair, nipping at its tail, as it spins frantically around trying to anticipate my next move. Its quite fun. But not Sparrow. She makes ME spin around trying to figure HER out.




At night, the last thing I do before bed is I get to go out for a walk. I love to find a cat and chase it, for a satisfying romp before I end my mischief for the day. But when I see Sparrow and try to get her to run, she actually turns her back on me or even (gasp) lays down! As if to make fun of me! This cat needs to be taught a lesson. Yessiree.


Will you please teach it to her, for me? Puleeeeez?

5 comments:

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Some cats can be just rotten! Hang in there, she will finally come to accept you and then you can turn on her. LOL

Cece

glitzen said...

Sparrow is not as bad as you think, infact, I like her...But not as much as YOU of course.



PetGirl.

glitzen said...

sparrow's not as bad as you think, infact,I like her...But not as much as YOU of course.


PetGirl.

glitzen said...

Sparrow is not as bad as you think, infact, I like her...But not as much as YOU of course.



PetGirl.

glitzen said...

Sparrow is not as bad as you think, infact, I like her...But not as much as YOU of course.



PetGirl.