Sunday, June 29, 2008

Race You to the Lake!


So after my bath, i was sitting by the window feeling a bit pouty, and the girls started talking about going swimming at the lake. Did I mention I live on a lake? Its like this big huge 'ole water bowl! A lot of pups might be afraid, but not me. Well, not much anyway!
Follow me down to the lake! Lets go!

Ok, here is that big dog I told you about. The one who comes up on the lawn and tries to breathe on me. This dog casts a BIG shadow! I'm getting used to its very strange bark. Quite different. Must be one of those foreign breeds.
Keep coming! Past the barn and down to the lake. Its real pretty down there. Plus lots of muck to play in, clam shells left by busy-body muskrats, lily pads to jump on and rip up with my teeth, butterflies to chase, and minnows to scare. And one very big bird. Check this out:








This big bird sits at the edge of the lake. It doesn't bother me, but don't get too close. That thing can make some scary noises. Mom is always talking about an eagle carrying me away. I think she must mean this thing! My crazy little girls sit on it. They are sooooo brave.
Watch those girls dive right in that cold lake and go swimming. Hey, don't leave me!


You mean there are some lovely flowers still standing down here? Better let me at them!


I stay pretty busy down here. Try to keep up, would ya? I could lose you in this tall grass.

Ok, all is well here at Junior Lifeguard Camp. Just checking.




I have spotted some unidentified toes. Don't worry. I am checking them out now. I expect them to be given full clearance, but you just can't take chances. These toes could get me in a jam. (not a bad pun for a dog, if I do say so myself).

My work here is done. I have worn out my kids and got good and dirty. Wet girls, wet towels, and wet puppy. See why I love the LAKE?

3 comments:

Lori said...

I wish I could come play with you! That looked like a lot of fun.

glitzen said...

Thanks Lor! I wish you could come and play too. Pout.

Vickie said...

The black and pink looks great. Love the font too :)