Thursday, June 19, 2008

Soggy and Mad















Does that look like a happy face to you? Nah. Not even close. I wish I could give the evil eye, but with the face I was born with, its hard to convey the contempt I am feeling at this point. But wet and mad go together when you are a dog in a bathtub. Yeah, and just for the record, the squeaky toy you kept squirting me with did not make me feel suddenly cheerful and forgiving either. Or singing Splish Splash I Was Taking a Bath. Harummph. I know, getting clean is a big deal for you humans. I know it is. I don't understand it, but I get that it is somehow a big priority. I just wish you knew that I plan to run down to the lake when you are done, find a dead (and pretty flat, as shapes go) mouse by the shoreline, and roll all over it. I have it on my to-do list. (if you people knew that, would you still wash, rinse, repeat???Huh? huh? Would ya?)



The only thing that made me feel a bit better was waiting for those two little girls to lean in real close, then shaking soapy water all over them! Yeah, that felt good. If soap got in the eye, bonus. Nah, not really. I don't mean it. I am really clean, sweet, and nice. Oh. Well, one out of three isn't bad, right?


Now its time for the wrap up. No! I didn't mean wrap me up in a towel! I want to get dirty while I am still wet! Drat. What's next, a blow dryer??? Grrrrrr. And yes, I mean that growl.







OH well. I have decided that I can get over this experience, after a full belly and a long night's sleep, and maybe a terrorized cat or two. Just as long as you PROMISE it will NEVER EVERY happen again.









1 comments:

Lori said...

I love the new design!
Dandylion, you are so creative and talented and....clean!
Sparky told me to tell you that he hates baths too but has come to notice over his years of experience (all 2) that his pet humans seem to snuggle more with him when he's been shampooed.
Are you done dictating to me yet, Sparky? Sheesh. So bossy.
I thought it was really good too. Sorry for your ordeal though.